What is fertility?
Fertility is the ability to conceive a child. It is defined as the number of times an individual woman can get pregnant during her lifetime. Infertility, on the other hand, is when a couple cannot conceive a child after trying for one year.
Start read us today
How can you boost your fertility?
There are many things you can do to increase your fertility and get pregnant faster. Some of these include:
- Quit smoking. If you smoke, quitting can dramatically improve your fertility. Smoking cigarettes decreases the amount of oxygen that reaches the eggs and sperm, which reduces their ability to fertilize an egg.
- Reduce alcohol consumption. Heavy drinking can decrease fertility in both men and women. It can also cause birth defects.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight or obese can decrease fertility in both men and women. It is important to maintain a healthy weight by eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly.
- Reduce stress. Stress can have a negative impact on fertility. Try to relax and get plenty of sleep.
- Use contraception until you are ready to conceive. If you are not trying to get pregnant, using contraception until you are ready to conceive can help boost your fertility.
- See a fertility specialist. If you have been trying to conceive for more than a year and have not been successful, see a fertility specialist. He or she can help you determine the cause of your infertility and recommend treatment options.